Total Vu™ HMI - Highlights of Standard Features
Total Vu™ Capabilities
Off-the-shelf, Total Vu software accomplishes many important goals:
- Process scanning laser micrometer and UltraGauge+™ signals in real-time so you can instantaneously assess product quality and process trends
- View large readouts of product measurements and process variables with color-coded tolerance status and trend charts
- Use standard displays or adapt them, including buttons, to fit your exact needs
- Quick changeovers with unlimited recipe storage
- Summarize product quality and process capability with statistics display and reporting
- Detect and report any dimensional flaws using unique, built-in filtering so defects may be eliminated before reaching your customer or downstream processes
- Capture measurement data to disk or network storage devices for post-processing or record keeping
- Independent and simultaneous processing of measurements for SPC, flaw detection, measurement, and trending so each function works optimally for your operation
In addition to traditional support methods–phone and email, one of the best standard features is interactive support via the Internet using the Quick Support application. Through Quick Support, LaserLinc support staff can see what you see on the screens and thus diagnose and solve problems quickly as well as provide training.
The Total Vu HMI is Windows®-compatible software so you can choose the computing platform, whether industrial or desktop, laptop, mini-PC, or an all-in-one product. For turnkey systems, the μLinc™ processor with integrated TLAser400™ card and other I/O delivers the ultimate in ease of installation.
The hardware interface between the host Total Vu PC and the laser micrometers can be Ethernet (see NetLinc™) or LaserLinc’s plug-in data acquisition card. The UltraGauge+ Digital Signal Processor (DSP) connects via Ethernet.
Minimum PC Requirements
- Windows 7® (32- or 64-bit), 2 GHz dual core processor, 4 GB RAM, 10 GB available hard disk space
- One monitor with a minimum of 900 pixels vertical resolution
- Touch-screen (or similar) monitor or keyboard and mouse
- One PCI or PCIe slot per TLAser400 card (slot type must match the card); slots must be directly on the motherboard (no T-slot) and they must accommodate full-height, half-length cards
- if the system includes an UltraGauge+ DSP, a NetLinc micrometer, or a NetIO device:
One dedicated 100 Mb Ethernet port
- If the system includes more than one of the above devices (UltraGauge+ DSP, NetLinc micrometer, NetIO device), in any combination, an external network hub or switch with an appropriate number of connections is required
Microsoft, Excel, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks
of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
OPC is a registered trademark of the OPC Foundation