Add-on: Profile Vu-R™ for In-Process Inspection of Non-Round Profiles
Accurate measurement of non-round profiles requires orienting the laser micrometer properly relative to the product. If product orientation cannot be maintained, the Profile Vu-R™ add-on alternately rotates the micrometer clockwise and counter-clockwise to guarantee that the correct dimension(s) are seen in each direction.
Contact us to learn more about how our products can help you meet your objectives.
On products such as flat wire, sector cable, automotive belts, and optical fiber for vision applications, the Profile Vu™ add-on is the safe and easy option to ensure accurate in-process measurement.
A manually operated version of the fixture is also available
- Enable accurate measurement of important product dimensions for non-round profiles where product orientation is unpredictable
- Measure dimensions up to 51mm [2 inch]
- For application flexibility, use either one or two of LaserLinc’s micrometers (those with up to a 60mm gate size)
- Profile Vu-R fixture is maintenance free, even in harsh environments
- Asymmetrical rotation is possible to maximize measurement frequency
- Set rotational angle and speed from host software to ensure optimal measurement performance
- Total Vu HMI™ provides real-time statistics, trending, logging, and reporting; all with a surprisingly easy operator interface.
Minimize Cycle Time
Angle and speed of rotation are controlled by Total Vu software to allow optimization of cycle time.
If you are looking for two dimensions or if cycle time is important, then a two-axis micrometer is a good choice. If you require the best possible cycle time or you are looking for more than two dimensions, consider a Triton™-series micrometer or even two micrometers. Consult a LaserLinc applications expert for help to identify your best option.
The Max/Min option for Total Vu software is included with the Profile Vu-R add-on. This software filters measurements from the micrometer to identify the correct product dimensions, for example width and thickness.
Bonus: Identify Product Orientation
The Profile Vu-R fixture has an angular encoder so that the angle at which the dimension(s) of interest were captured is reported. This angle can be a critical process measurement. For example, controlling twist in drawing irregularly shaped optical fiber.