Total Vu™ HMI - Customizable Displays
Total Vu™ Capabilities
LaserLinc’s Total Vu™ HMI has customizable buttons and displays. With these, you can set up a LaserLinc system to appear and operate exactly the way you want.
Standard displays are included with each system for common applications. When your team of operators, engineers, supervisors, and managers sees opportunity for improving the effectiveness of the system, changes are easily made:
- Create your own displays by dragging and dropping:
- Trend charts
- Measurement values
- Statistical values
- Part position indicators
- X-bar / Range charts
- Graphic images (e.g. logo or line layout drawing)
- Create and quickly switch between multiple, tabbed displays, each composed of its own elements
- Customize buttons —caption, color, and function—to suit your specific needs
- Limit visible information to only that which is of interest and importance to the user
- Limit actions to those necessary for your operations by removing unwanted buttons from the display
- Build in aspects of your standard operating procedure (SOP) by customizing the actions behind each button to ensure a valid sequence of steps is taken
- Attach up to six monitors (size and resolution of your choosing), each independently configurable. Users can view everything they need, when and where they need it
- Use one or more touch-screens with full support within the HMI for intuitive and easy operation
All of the above elements are resizable and can be positioned anywhere on the screen
Buttons Make It Happen
Users press buttons on the display to make things happen, such as: toggle data collection, switch the display, load a recipe, manage alarms, jog line speed, and trigger reports. These are just a few of the hundreds of predefined functions available. They have been developed over nearly 20 years of applications experience solving problems and accomplishing tasks commonly encountered in industries like yours.
Macros Make It Really Simple
Predefined functions (introduced above) can also be dragged and dropped into user-defined functions, called macros. Suddenly, a single button press can make a long list of things happen! For example: accept entry of customer, material, and job ID, clear data, set closed loop control to manual mode, start data logging, start SPC, enable flaw detection, enable alarms, and initialize the display. You can even change the properties—caption, color, and function—of the same button to execute a different macro the next time it is pressed, for example, to end the job.
A System Designed by You, for You
With customizable buttons and displays, one or more monitors, including touch-screens if desired, you can adapt the look and operation of your Total Vu HMI to conform to the way you run your process. And you can do it without custom engineering charges, PLC programming, or building an HMI and back-end logic as would be required with tools like WonderWare® and RSView®.
Contact us to have an applications expert show you a system that perfectly matches your needs.
WonderWare is a trademark of Schneider Electric; RSView is a trademark of Rockwell Automation.
Microsoft, Excel, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks
of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
OPC is a registered trademark of the OPC Foundation