Multi-Strand Measurement & Control
If your manufacturing process is set up to make multiple products in parallel, LaserLinc’s Multi-Strand measurement option is ideal for you. Some common examples include: magnet wire, galvanized wire, and monofilament products such as fishing line, filter material, and medical sutures.
The Multi-Strand option offers 100% inspection of a virtually unlimited number of strands. Measure diameter, detect flaws, and perform statistical analysis, simultaneously, on all strands for a complete view of product quality.
Often, it is not feasible to measure all strands with one micrometer. This is not an issue as LaserLinc’s method can utilize multiple micrometers, even eight or more depending on the processor platform.
A key feature of the system is the ability to identify missing strands while continuing to measure those that remain. This ensures the integrity of data for each strand: measurements of one strand are never mixed or confused with those of another strand.
With the Total Vu™ platform, the size of each strand can be independently and automatically controlled. LaserLinc has commissioned Total Vu systems that monitor each extrudate and control dozens of independent line speed or pressure parameters for multi-die extrusion lines.
- Measure as many strands in one micrometer as will physically fit and as the process allows—there’s no software limit
- Use as many micrometers as needed to measure all strands
- Correctly identify broken strands and never confuse or associate measurements of one strand with those of another
- Measure opaque or translucent products with equal accuracy (this feature is software-selectable and included with all systems)
- Use any of LaserLinc’s full line of laser micrometers
- Dual-axis and Triton™ triple-axis models add:
- Checks for out-of-round conditions
- More accurate average diameter
- Significantly improved flaw detection
- Maximize efficiency with automatic size control: control speed per strand or pressure per tube