Product and Process Monitoring, Display, Control, and Reporting
Non-contact, precision, dimensional measurement instrumentation is a core component of every system we deliver. A system is only a solution if it accomplishes your goals and that’s where the conversation with a LaserLinc expert begins. We will ask you some direct questions:
- What do you want to accomplish with a measurement system?
- What do your operators need to see to help them be more effective and efficient?
- How should the system work to make the operator’s job easier?
- What information do you need to know about your finished goods?
- What information does your customer need or want?
- How do you want to store and access that information?
- Do you want to know how process parameters affect product quality?
Our staff has the knowledge and experience to help you get from answering questions like these to an instrumentation interface that accomplishes your goals.
All UltraGauge+™ wall measurement systems feature Total Vu™ software, a PC-based Human-Machine Interface (HMI) application. For systems with only scanning laser micrometers, two options are available: the Total Vu HMI and the SmartLinc™ processor.
Total Vu HMI
The Total Vu HMI is a scalable platform that provides tools and information needed for every stakeholder:
- Operators can access exactly what they need to operate the line efficiently
- Engineers get the monitoring, control, and reporting they need to document quality and improve the process
- Managers get the reporting they need and can know that others have the tools they need to achieve business objectives, such as improved production efficiency, reduced scrap, material savings, process improvement, and complete, accurate inspection of product quality.
Total Vu software is powerful enough to satisfy engineering and management, yet easy for operators to use. Total Vu software delivers simple, clean solutions to meet basic requirements (see highlights of standard features) up to and including complete product and process monitoring with closed-loop control, integration with plant-wide systems, and detailed reporting. It is the platform of choice for manufacturers in the industries we serve.
The SmartLinc processor is a standalone platform for delivering fast, accurate measurements of product diameter and ovality directly to your line control system using standard industrial protocols such as EtherNet/IP. Simple serial communications and Ethernet UDP are also available. The SmartLinc processor integrates easily with your line control system. Built-in functions such as statistics and flaw detection save engineering time and reduce complexity in your line controller.