Single-Axis Scanning Laser Micrometers
Accessories including roller guides, stands, calibration kits, window guards, and air purges
Product safety standards (e.g. CE, UL)
Single-axis (also called single-plane) models make measurements from a single viewpoint. The product to measure is perpendicular to the measurement field. (See the associated image.) Typically, the micrometer is used to measure product diameter and position. To see illustrations and explanations of these and other common measurement types available with single-axis scanning laser micrometers, visit the Measurements page.
Single-axis models offer the most application and installation flexibility:
- Measure any material, even clear and translucent products (glass logic
Glass Logic uses specially designed hardware and software to properly measure objects even when laser light bleeds through them. Without this logic, unexpected bleed-thru would be treated as extra parts or debris in the measurement field and prevent a measurement from being made. This feature is included at no cost with all LaserLinc interfaces. is a software option included at no charge with all systems)
- Use in-process or for benchtop/offline applications
- Measurement accuracy and micrometer operation are unaffected by line speed
- Mount in any orientation
- Multiple mounting surfaces with precision locating holes for flexible mounting and attachment of accessories
- Choose from seven different models
- Can be used with the Total Vu™ HMI for complete product and process monitoring, reporting, and control
- Can be used with a SmartLinc™ processor for an intelligent interface via industrial communication protocols
- Available with Ethernet-based NetLinc™ signal interface
- Models with separate transmitter and receiver components offer even greater flexibility in mounting and clearance from obstructions, moving or hot products
- Models with separate transmitter and receiver allow co-planar mounting of multiple units, even up to six, to construct a virtual multi-axis gauge for flaw detection, better average diameter, or special product profiles
Notable applications of single-axis micrometers include:
- Multi-strand measurement of magnet wire, monofilament or other multi-die extrusion
- Convoluted and armored product measurement
- Hot steel
- Stranded wire and wire rope
- Drawn wire
The robust design of LaserLinc laser micrometers ensures reliable operation in harsh manufacturing environments. All are covered by an industry-leading FOUR-YEAR warranty that covers all parts and labor. For warranty details, including LaserLinc’s “spare-in-the-air” replacement offer, visit the Warranty and Service page.
LaserLinc offers seven different single-axis micrometer models. The TLAser103™ micrometer measures the smallest products, such as fine wire and monofilament diameters as low as 0.0006 inches [0.015 mm / 15μm]. The TLAser1240™ micrometer measures very large products such as PVC and steel pipe up to 9 inches in diameter [228mm].
These model numbers begin with 1 (the number of axes of measurement), followed by the approximate gate size (in millimeters), with an s appended on those with separate housings for transmitter and receiver. The matrix below shows single-axis models by measurement range and measurement rate.
Click a model name in the Model column to access its specifications and drawings:
1Measurement rate is the number of times per second the measurement field is scanned.