Total Vu™ HMI
The Total Vu Human Machine Interface (HMI) is a scalable platform that provides tools and information needed for every stakeholder:
- Operators can access exactly what they need to operate the line efficiently
- Engineers get the monitoring, control, and reporting they need to document quality and improve the process
- Managers get the reporting they need and can know that others have tools to achieve business objectives, such as cost savings and increased production output
- All users get lifetime software support1 via phone, internet2, and email!
If you will be using Total Vu software for inspection or metrology, then visit this page to learn how Total Vu software adapts to your unique application.
Learn more about specific Total Vu software capabilities by following the links below:
More Total Vu Benefits for Stakeholders
Benefits for Operators
Adoption by operators is critical to achieving your goals with any production system. The Total Vu HMI is embraced by operators for the following reasons:
- All of, and only, the information operators want is displayed—data, graphs, and data entry fields—so the operator is not overloaded
- Perform quick changeovers with one-click recipe selection from an unlimited library
- Eliminate paper record keeping
- Remove guesswork during startup with immediate product measurements, especially centering the die using UltraGauge+™ thickness and concentricity technology
- Build in relevant parts of your standard operating procedure (SOP) by customizing buttons and optional data entry: interaction with the system is minimal and tailored to operator tasks
Benefits for Engineers
Operator ease of use is necessary but the system must also deliver data and results for process and quality engineers:
- Analyze and monitor product quality with real-time statistics, control charts, and histograms
- Automatically control process parameters to achieve consistent product quality
- Analyze and improve the process with these tools: data logging, SPC sampling plans, Process Tracker event reporting, Attribute data, Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT), and other measurement inputs. Together, they provide a complete audit trail
- Document results with Excel-based electronic and paper reports
Benefits for Managers and Supervisors
You are held accountable for achieving business objectives. LaserLinc’s Total Vu solution paves the way:
- Focus on higher-level goals knowing that engineers and operators have the tools to perform their responsibilities
- Satisfy customer or corporate record-keeping requirements with electronic and paper reports from Excel® templates
- Integrate production with plant or corporate-wide systems (MES, ERP) using the open productivity and connectivity (OPC®) standard protocol
- Improve productivity and profitability with automation
- Cover immediate and future needs by investing in the tools you require now, knowing that you can add modules later and upgrade to new releases
- Receive excellent technical support, free for as long as you own the product
Microsoft, Excel, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks
of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
OPC is a registered trademark of the OPC Foundation
1Applies only to the original purchaser of the equipment. LaserLinc reserves the right to charge for specific services such as but not limited to installation, training, on-site service, and system upgrades. For more information about LaserLinc's Warranty and Service policies, visit this page.
2For internet-based support, the user is responsible for providing internet access to the Total Vu host PC. For more information about LaserLinc's Warranty and Service policies, visit this page.